Friday, September 17, 2010

Abstract Name

I’m really proud of this next creation i’m about to show you.

Bekah’s Aunt Janet called me recently and asked if i could create their last name “letters” out of abstract shapes. 

I took it as a personal challenge!

They just bought a house, that needs some fixing up, so I knew we could find a lot of random items around their property that would work.  In addition to their property, I went to their new hometown to take some additional photos to try to form letters.

Are you lost yet?

Their last name is Mitchell, and i’m not real sold on the last L in the series.  I’m working on finding a new “L'” somewhere around their house.  In the meantime, just focus your eyes on the light colored wood, instead of the dark.

Behold….

My creation.

Mitchell

Let me explain how this all relates to their life/family:

the M is for McDonalds, where their 2 year old loves to eat.

The I is their two year old :)

The T is a cross on the side of the road where their childhood friend was killed several years ago.

The C is the top of a chain link fence gate.

The H is part of the brick on their house

The E is a doorway downtown Middletown

The 1st L is the end of the gutter on their house

The 2nd L is part of the barn door out in the pasture.

 

How fun is that!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment